- Instructor: Admin @Nihm
- Lectures: 5
- Students: 251
- Duration: 30 hours
Total no of hours – 30 hours
Mode of Examination – Theory30(minutes), Practical (01 hour)
This is an enabling course which aims to give students a technical exposure to skill development and professional entrepreneur skills. The approach is practical in demonstration. The course will provide an opportunity to use F & B Production lab-based tools for effective product preparation and presentation.
- Understand the organization chart and kitchen hierarchy of bakery department
- Describe aspects of different ingredients used in bakery
- Produce/ understand bread faults and remedies of bakery products
- Demonstrate the essential of carving occasional
Key Learning Outcomes:
By the end of the course, the students will be able to:
- Identify and differentiate the small and large equipment used in confectionery
- Prepare and Present basic sponges
- Prepare and Present different cookies and biscuits
- Prepare and Present basic pastries and its derivatives
- Prepare basic icings, toppings, hot and cold desserts
- Importance of carving.
- Care and precautions while doing carving.